Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Flying Forward

No, I will not settle.
No, I will not compromise my comfort, health or well-being.
No, I will not go against my morals.
No, I will not live up to your standards, only mine.
No, I will not lower my standards.
No, I will not be satisfied with your excuses for falling short of them.
No, I will never give less than my best.

Today, I'm feeling empowered and bold. There's no reason for it. I have my expectations and goals and standards. And today, I feel like molding my life to them instead of molding myself to life.

"I shall not submit! I shall conquer! I shall rise!" --Gomez Adams

I am tired of things not living up to my standards. Most of all, I'm tired of falling short of my own standards. We're all guilty of it. Whether through laziness or defeat, sometimes we all slip under par. Today, I want to pull myself back up. No more lazy, defeated backsliding. I want love, intensity and to outshine expectations so brilliantly, that no one can deny my greatness!

Maybe this all sounds convoluted and egocentric. But today, I don't care.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light." --Dylan Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment