Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Poop and Percoset

Some facts about feces:
  • The human large intestine is about as long as one is tall and about the diameter of one's wrist.
  • The large intestine can hold from 10 to 15 pounds of feces at any given time.
  • Normal bowel movements often measure from 12" to 18" in length.
  • The average, healthy person has a bowel movement 2 or 3 times, daily.

Some facts about opioid analgesics:
  • Semi-synthetic varieties (those synthesized from resins of the opium poppy) include heroin, vicodin and percoset.
  • Morphine and codeine are extracted directly from the opium resin.
  • Despite the risk of dependancy and severity of withdrawl, they have been declared the "most effective" of pain-killers.
  • The side effects of opioids include sedation, depressed respiration and constipation.

As you have all read, I have been on percoset for my injury for a good 10 days. I took a break for 12 hours one day because I hadn't had a bowel movement in 5 days. I ended up having two enormous bowel movements that day, and gave in to constipation again for the remainder of the time.

I am happy to announce that I am officially off of the pain-killers that impeded my potty! And I have lost 2 pounds today in poop! In the last 10 hours, I have pooped 3 (Update 9pm - Now 4!) times in various shades of green (which I believe to be the fault of the pills).

I hope this wasn't too graphic for you, dear readers. But I feel SO much better now. And sharing is caring.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment