Thursday, November 12, 2009

A New Old Conclusion

I did some math today... And I came to the conclusion that I could very easily quit my part-time position at Hot Topic and sell my hand-bound books instead. The income would be exactly the same, and if I could sell about 15 books per month, I'd probably be making more money than I do there. That and I'd only have to work a couple days per week on the merchandise, the rest is shipping and checking email. The trial run will happen in December. I think I'll start with 10 coptic style books with plain white pages bound in plain white covers; maybe I'll draw something interesting on the covers (maybe embryos, stencils?).

I am waiting on shirts to test the stencils out from a friend that I'll see soon.

It's time to begin painting. I'll get 2 out of the 4 elemental panels done for my father's birthday and the other 2 for Christmas. After the initial 2 are done, I'll start working on the 4 (possibly 3 now) embryo paintings.

1 comment: