Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Years Dreams

An overview.

New Years: I dreamt I was covertly covering for a handyman in my apartment complex that never fixed anything due to addiction and depression. I would steal his tools, fix stuff, and replace the tools when I was done. In order to do this, I needed to learn how to pick the locks into some of the other apartments, because the handyman kept all the keys. At the end of the dream, I was in the roofless tool room and I had found 2 practice locks (you could see all the parts of the cylinder) and a set of really good picks. Then I woke up.

Interpretation: I have the tools, now all I need is to learn and practice how to use them.

Jan. 4: Woke up at Grams' house in my dreamscape (which is a fascinating place in my mindmap). I was just staying 1 day there while traveling on to somewhere else. My mother and my sister walked into the room looking serious and looked at me. They nodded and said, "We have to do it." My sister said it after my Mom said it as if to affirm that my Mom was right. I looked at them and said, "Do what?" They looked at me with raised eyebrows and my Mom said, "What do you mean what? Haven't you ever seen your Dad do this before?" I said, "Do what?" My Mom and my sister exchanged a knowing look and said, "Ooooh, you don't know then..." And I was still confused when they walked out of the room. I went to follow them, but I woke up.

Interpretation: This is all very Freudian and trinity oriented. Sister, Mom, Grams = Maiden, Mother, Crone. I'm my conscious self, my father is my subconscious self where I know everything already. So essentially, I have the tools, now all I need to do is remember how to use them.

Jan. 6: I was somewhere in Claremont (dreamscape LA again). I was sitting with my cousin Marc and his fictional little brother. We were talking about drugs, Marc was pretty blasé about the whole thing but his little brother just really wanted to smoke pot with me. He took out a duffle bag of implements that we could use to smoke with. I zipped up the bag and put it back under the bench he had taken it out from under and basically told him that yeah, it's fun and all, but there's a time and a place for that, and now isn't the time. Then I woke up.

Interpretation: I have the tools, now all I need is to learn when they appropriate to use.

So I guess the overlying theme of my dreams lately has been pretty concrete. I have the tools, I just don't know exactly what to do with them. This actually makes me feel pretty optimistic! It means that I'm the captain, essentially. I'm driving this bitch, I just need to shut up and drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment